1. Have unshakable Faith in God.
2. Base your way of life on the teachings of the Guru Granth Sahib.
3. Earn an honest living by use of honest physical and or mental exertion.
4. Set aside one tenth of your earnings for the help of the poor and for promoting Sikhism.
5. Practice the lessons learned from Gurbani and/or from daily recitation of Paath in your everyday life.
6. Overcome lust, anger, greed, attachment, and ego by living life according to God's Attributes (Naam).
7. Abstain from jealousies, malice against others, bigamy and use of intoxicants of any kind.
8. Accept the Will of God by not cutting your hair from any parts of the body.
9. Seek Khande Dee Pahul (Baptism) from Panj Pyare (five beloved ones)
10. Always show kindness, humility, confidence, self-respect and responsibility for your actions.